ShakeAlert™ Beta Users
Beta Users of the ShakeAlert™ system are partners willing to join with us to test the System’s performance and provide feedback for research and development. Because the system is not yet completed or fully tested, Beta Users must take no real actions based on ShakeAlert™ information. In contrast, Pilot Users can implement and test limited, pre-approved actions in response to system alerts.
Beta Users must agree to the ShakeAlert™ License Agreement and Terms of Service.
If your organization is interested in becoming a Beta User, please contact your local ShakeAlert™ Regional Coordinator.
Beta User Criteria
- Beta user organizations must:
- have an interest in partnering with the ShakeAlert™ project to demonstrate the usefulness of the ShakeAlert™ System
- agree to the terms of the end user agreement
- commit sufficient resources to successfully install and run the ShakeAlert™ UserDisplay application and monitor results
- designate a single point of contact
- participate in training to understand the capabilities and limitations of the ShakeAlert™ system
- provide suggestions and feedback regarding the ShakeAlert™ system, including functionality, design, usability, bugs, and results of any testing performed by the user
- understand that no actions should be taken based on the ShakeAlert™ notifications
Beta Users install the ShakeAlert™ UserDisplay demonstration module application on a local computer and receive training that includes:
- Overview of the project including partners, how the system works, utilization of ShakeAlert™ UserDisplay, and system limitations and delivery mechanisms
- Expectations from Beta Users include:
- Providing regular feedback
- Ability to provide the proper software and human resources to run and monitor the program
- Participation in regularly scheduled discussions
- Trusted not to share code or data outside the working group