ShakeAlert Beta Users
Beta Users of the ShakeAlert System are partners who want to evaluate the System or provide feedback to the project but who will not actively use it for alerting or development. Beta Users take no real actions based on ShakeAlert information. In contrast, partners implement alerting for their own organization’s use develop commercial products and services for clients.
Beta Users must agree to the ShakeAlert License Agreement and Terms of Service.
If your organization is interested in becoming a Beta User, please contact your local ShakeAlert Regional Coordinator.
Beta User Criteria
- Beta user organizations must:
- have an interest in evaluating ShakeAlert System for their own use or to develop products
- agree to the terms of the end user agreement
- designate a point of contact
- understand that no actions should be taken based on the ShakeAlert notifications during the Beta phase
Beta Users install the ShakeAlert UserDisplay application on a local computer and receive training that includes and overview of the project including partners, how the system works, utilization of ShakeAlert UserDisplay, and system limitations and delivery mechanisms.