The ShakeAlert® User Display is a tool that brings Earthquake Early Warning to perspective users. These warnings can be used as information or to perform an operation that will impact personal safety, provide awareness and reduce losses to critical infrastructures.
In both Northern and Southern California, we are currently reaching out to perspective users of Earthquake Early Warning to recruit Beta Testers of the ShakeAlert® Display and provide essential feedback to developers on the perceived benefits, barriers, uses, operational costs and savings to their organization.
- Public safety – get into a safe place to protect yourself
- Employee and emergency responder safety
- Mass transit
- Open elevator doors
- Shut down caustic chemicals
- Notify employees enroute
- Amusement parks
- Shut down dangerous operating equipment
- Protect goods from damage and loss
– The ShakeAlert® Communication, Education, and Outreach Program will assist users in implementing ShakeAlert® and educate them on the uses and benefits of earthquake early warning through presentations and hands-on workshops.
– Provide critical information and updates on the science of earthquakes and on all ANSS and USGS earthquake tools and products to assist in the reduction of losses and resiliency of California’s infrastructure.
– Encourage and facilitate public/private partnerships which will be an integral part of the success of EEW