The ShakeAlert UserDisplay is a demonstration software for new technical partners. UserDisplay users must sign an Evaluation License Agreement with the USGS. UserDisplay users are prohibited from using outputs from UserDisplay for any actions.
- Public safety – get into a safe place to protect yourself
- Mass transit
- Open elevator doors
- Shut down caustic chemicals
- Notify employees enroute
- Employee and emergency responder safety
- Protect goods from damage and loss
- Shut down dangerous operating equipmentSchool
- Amusement parks
– The ShakeAlert Communication, Education, and Outreach Program will assist users in implementing ShakeAlert and educate them on the uses and benefits of earthquake early warning through presentations and hands-on workshops.
– Provide critical information and updates on the science of earthquakes and on all ANSS and USGS earthquake tools and products to assist in the reduction of losses and resiliency of California’s infrastructure.
– Encourage and facilitate public/private partnerships which will be an integral part of the success of ShakeAlert.
ShakeAlert Disclaimer: Unauthorized or improper use of ShakeAlert Materials is prohibited and may result in termination of the license agreement, bodily harm, and (or) criminal penalties The USGS makes no express or implied warranty as to the fitness of ShakeAlert Materials for any purpose. In no circumstance shall the USGS be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from proper or improper use of ShakeAlert Materials, unless authorized by law.